MHG22674 - Aviemore, Aviemore House
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Aviemore House was built in 1765 by 'The Good Sir James' (Grant). Demolished August 1964 for road widening/straightening. Site photographed by A Wakeling, 04/1995. The Highland Archaeology Challenge.
J Aitken : 26/01/04
A plaque to commemorate the former Inn was erected in March 2009 at the Winking Owl Public House (to the north) which is in part comprised of the only surviving elements of Aviemore House. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8955 1276 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109208 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.