MHG22690 - The Cottage, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
In a 1949 prospectus for the sale of the Strathpeffer Estate, this single-storey dwelling house is described as having been previously a doctor’s consulting rooms and was let to Dr. David Dick. This appears to have been the consulting rooms attached to the spa - with ordinary consultations taking place at Dr. Bearn’s surgery in Eaglestone during the 1920s-1930s (MHG16305), while Dr Thompson from Dingwall consulted in Craigvar twice a week (MHG16224). The building must be on the site of the urinal noted on the OS 1st edition map; it is present by the time the map was revised in 1906. The maps included in the 1949 sales prospectus show that the sexagonal building at the rear of the building was separate, though it has now been incorporated into the main part of the building.
Information from Duncan Finlayson, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011
Messrs John D. Wood & Co., 1949. Strathpeffer, Ross-shire. The Holiday Resort of the Northern Highlands. Part of the Strathpeffer Estate. For Sale by Auction as a Whole or in Lots <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4833 5820 (15m by 16m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108836 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.