MHG227 - Mound, Ousdale Burn
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) MOUND (Unknown date)
- CLEARANCE CAIRN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A large, grass-covered mound with damage on the E face, revealing stone. It measures 20.9 by 13.3 by 0.5m in maximum height, but has no distinct form.
C Batey 1982.
This is a natural rise on which early-modern field clearance has been dumped and subsequently quarried.
Visited by OS (J M) 3 August 1982.
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Batey, C E. 1984. Caithness Coastal Survey 1980-82: Dunnet Head to Ousdale. University of Durham, Department of Archaeology. 30/01/1984. Digital (scanned as PDF). LAT 313.
- --- Text/Report: Batey, C E. 1982. Caithness coastal survey 1982: interim reports 1980-2. . No. 313; illust..
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0688 1921 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/7420 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.