MHG22711 - Birch Lodge, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
This is the location given on the OS Landline; The Rowans forms the adjacent plot to the west.
This is a relatively new house (built by July 1980)-possibly built on the site of The Rowans (on 1967 1:2500 map)-Grid Reference NH 4808 5815
This is a relatively new house, built as a doctor’s house by Dr Douglas Hanton in 1975. The surgery, now known as Birch Cottage, was located in the bottom of the garden. Before the surgery was built, Dr Hanton consulted at Cairngorm. Previously, the doctors’ surgery had been located in Fife Lodge (MHG22734) and prior to that at Greenside (now Inver Lodge, MHG22728). After 1975 Kitty Campbell owned the surgery part of Birch Lodge, until the early 2000s.
Information from Fiona Newton; Margaret Newton; Kitty Campbell, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4810 5817 (18m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108981 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.