MHG22713 - Nethybridge Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Undated)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NJ02SW0067
NJ02SW 26 0008 2070
(Location cited as NJ 001 206). Nethy Bridge Station, opened 1863 by the Strathspey Rly. Disused.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station was opened (as Abernethy Station) by the Strathspey Rly on 1 July 1863. It was renamed Nethy Bridge station on 1 November 1867 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 October 1965.
R V J Butt 1995.
Station (GNoSR) opened from Dufftown 1.7.1863 (Strathspey Railway), closed 18.10.1965.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 12, 168.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 203.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0007 2070 (35m by 62m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108998 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.