MHG22719 - Club House, Strathpeffer Golf Club
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CLUBHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Most of the lands of Kinnettas Farm are now part of the golf course. There is still ridge and furrow visible. The clubhouse (MHG22719) and adjacent open fronted caddies shelter, roughly where the present (2011) shop is situated, are present on the OS 2nd edition map (1906). The clubhouse appears in one of Mr Wellwood Maxwell’s photographs, in the possession of Mrs M. Spark. The course was laid out by Colonel Blunt-Mackenzie in 1902 (Finlayson 1979, 83). Before 1914, there was a shorter ladies’ course in front of Ord Wood (ibid.).
Information from Duncan Finlayson; Neil Macdonald, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project
Finlayson, C., 1979. The Strath: the biography of Strathpeffer: Scotland's famous spa, and district. Edinburgh: St Andrew Press. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4804 5857 (18m by 23m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108905 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.