MHG22724 - Glenesk, Strathpeffer


No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

This villa was built c. 1910 and was previously known as Holmwood. It was lived in by Miss Macdonald and Miss Fraser, who ran The Shieling (the one at NH 48496 58395, now destroyed). After them came Joan Cooper and then the Sparks. The veranda woodwork was similar to that originally at the Highland Hotel, but was pulled down because it had rotted.

Information from Duncan Finlayson; Margaret Spark, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>

Sources/Archives (1)



Grid reference Centred NH 4819 5841 (19m by 20m) (2 map features)
Map sheet NH45NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FODDERTY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.