MHG22734 - Fife Lodge, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Fife Lodge was requisitioned for use by officers during WWII. After 1955, it was bought by Doctor Dick as his home and for use as his surgery; his patients waited in the dining room, with the surgery in a smaller room behind. The doctor’s surgery later moved to Birch Lodge (MHG22711); previously Dr. Dick had used Greenside (now Inver Lodge, MHG22728).
Information from Fiona Newton; Margaret Newton; Margaret Spark; Jennifer Haslam, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4821 5820 (22m by 26m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/108899 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.