MHG22970 - Farmstead, W Bank of River Enrick
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NH32NE 1 3585 2690
A farmstead, comprising three unroofed buildings and a large enclosure is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet xl). One roofed building, two unroofed buildings and two enclosures shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1992).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 20 May 1995.
One of these buildings was rebuilt at NH 35826 26835, and survives today as a tin-roofed bothy sheltered by a copse of fir trees on an overlooking glacial bank and clearly marked by Ordnance Survey, though it is alongside and not within the copse as Ordance Survey depicts. The date 1878 is reportedly carved into some internal wooden fittings, and its location is the upper limit of any evidence for settlement in the valley and matches the point where a former track from the Guisachan sporting estate reached the River Enrick. A photograph of the bothy is included in the report. <1>
<1> Lynn, D, 11/2008, The Corrimony estate - a summary of its history and sites from the 1800s until today (Text/Manuscript). SHG24033.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3584 2690 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109928 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.