MHG23003 - Farmstead - Glen Orrin
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FARMSTEAD (18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1850 AD? (at some time))
- ENCLOSURE (18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1850 AD? (at some time))
- None recorded
A farmstead at Glen Orrin.
An unroofed long building of two compartments is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1875-81, sheet xcviii). Only one compartment of the building is shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1992) with a length of wall attached.
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 7 March 1996
The site was visited by Headland Archaeology in 2013 during a walkover survey carried out to inform a proposed extension to the Fairburn Wind Farm. Two enclosures were noted. <1>
The remains of the long building and the enclosures are visible on vertical aerial photographs taken in 2015. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4159 4996 (171m by 124m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/109775 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.