MHG2305 - Watten Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
ND25NE 11 2505 5576
This intermediate station on the Georgemas Junction - Wick portion of the Inverness - Georgemas Junction - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') lime of the former Highland Rly, opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly.) on 28 July 1874 closing to regular passenger traffic in 1960.
R V J Butt 1995.
Highland Railway. Station probably opened 28.7.1874 and closed to passengers 13.6.1960, and to goods 15.6.1964
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2504 5576 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8731 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.