MHG2317 - Chapel, Grassquoy
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
there was a chapel at North Dun, which appears to have been the original name of Grassquoy (ND 2026 5740)
H Scott et al 1915-61.
Grassquoy and its environs is an area of ploughed fields. There is no indication of a chapel on the ground, and no local information concerning one.
Visited by OS (J M) 3 March 1982
Quarry (ND 2025 5745). Dimensions: 80 x 30m. Quarry 1.5-2.5m deep on the site of a chapel.
R J Mercer, NMRS MS/828/19, 1995
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 15, (Caithness); map.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Scott, H et al (eds.). 1915-61. Fasti ecclesiae Scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the Reformation. Rev.. Vol. 7, 138.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, G.. 1991. Caithness Chapel Sites.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2020 5740 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8746 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.