MHG23581 - Nairn, Lodgehill Road, Craig Royston
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOSPITAL (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Architects; Ross & Macbeth (Inverness Chronicle June 28, 1892) <1>
A visitor to the HER website advised that the location for this site was incorrect. This was adjusted to match the position as shown on the 1st and 2nd edition Ordnance Survey mapping. The former Nairn Town and County Hospital was replaced in in 1906 by the present hospital in Nairn. From 1906 – 1937 (when it closed) it was a fever hospital. The original hospital site extended from Lodgehill to Cawdor Road; the building on Cawdor road was the Porter’s Lodge and between it and the main building is a modern bungalow. <2>-<4>
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 288767.
- <2> SHG24233 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Nairn-shire. Digital.
- <3> SHG24439 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Nairn-shire. Digital.
- <4> SHG22709 Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. Jim Leslie 11/02/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8812 5616 (114m by 85m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/110800 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.