MHG23708 - Findon Hall
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Findon Hall is first shown on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey maps for this area. It appears to have been replaced by a modern hall building. <1><2>
Information from participant in the Black Isle Heritage Memories project. Timber-framed hall built c.1920. Used until 1974 when replaced by new structure. It is assumed that this is referring to this site. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: McCullagh, C. 09/2010. Black Isle Heritage Memories: Remembering your Community Avoch, Culbokie and Tore. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. C31.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6085 5977 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111506 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.