MHG23766 - Grantown-on-Spey, Station (West)
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Renumbered from NJ02NW0119
NJ02NW 96 0240 2685
Not to be confused with (Great North of Scotland Rly) East Station (NJ 0385 2616), for which see NJ02NW 97.
This intermediate station was opened (by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly) as Grantown Station on 3 August 1863. It was renamed Grantown-on-Spey Station on 1 June 1912 and Grantown-on-Spey (West) Station on 5 June 1950, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 October 1965.
R V J Butt 1995.
Not to be confused with the Great North of Scotland Railway station of the same name in the former county of Inverness (NJ02NW97 NJ038 261)
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0244 2697 (12m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/111459 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.