MHG2401 - Broch, Lingland
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BROCH (Iron Age - 550 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
Broch (NR) (remains of) OS 1:10,000 map, (1977)
The site of a 'Tulloch' or 'Pict's House' which has been removed, leaving only a few of the foundation stones.
Name Book 1871.
Little remains of this broch apart from a few large facing stones protruding through the turf on its E and W sides. A short stretch of scarping 1.0m high to the SW indicates the former presence of a berm. The whole site has been mutilated by ploughing and later building, the remains of which are visible immediately to the N and W as vague rectangular foundations.
Surveyed at 1:2500. Visited by OS (A A) 4 May 1967.
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 6, 191 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3390.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2724 3810 (70m by 70m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8605 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.