MHG2416 - Forse House, Dovecot
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- DOVECOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
OS 1:10,000 map, (1976)
A double-chambered rectangular dovecot, with a lean-to roof and crowstepped gables surmounted by spherical finials.
A dovecot as described above, probably of 18th century date.
Visited by OS (N K B) 12 May 1967.
No change. Visited by OS (J M) 22 March 1983.
East Caithness Local Plan, May 1987: P31/2.53.
J Aitken : 22/05/01.
The doocot was visited and photographed by C Jones in April 2011. <1>
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Third report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Caithness, 18, No. 46 (Text/Report). SHG2664.
Beaton, E, 1978, 'Notes on four Caithness doocots', Caithness Fld Club Bulletin Vol. 2 1978, p.121-4, 121 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG1198.
<1> Headland Archaeology, 2012, Beatrice offshore Wind farm: Environmental Statement (Text/Report/Environmental Statement). SHG26489.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Beaton, E. 1978. 'Notes on four Caithness doocots', Caithness Fld Club Bulletin Vol. 2 1978, p.121-4. Caithness Fld Club Bulletin. 121-4. 121.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1911. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Third report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Caithness. . 18, No. 46.
- <1> Text/Report/Environmental Statement: Headland Archaeology. 2012. Beatrice offshore Wind farm: Environmental Statement. Arcus Renewable Energy Consulting Ltd. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2115 3536 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING:7949 (View listed building information on Historic Scotland's website (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7949 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/8638 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.