MHG2416 - Forse House, Dovecot

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • DOVECOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

Dovecot (NAT)
OS 1:10,000 map, (1976)

A double-chambered rectangular dovecot, with a lean-to roof and crowstepped gables surmounted by spherical finials.
RCAHMS 1911.

A dovecot as described above, probably of 18th century date.
Visited by OS (N K B) 12 May 1967.

No change. Visited by OS (J M) 22 March 1983.

East Caithness Local Plan, May 1987: P31/2.53.
J Aitken : 22/05/01.

The doocot was visited and photographed by C Jones in April 2011. <1>


RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Third report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Caithness, 18, No. 46 (Text/Report). SHG2664.


Beaton, E, 1978, 'Notes on four Caithness doocots', Caithness Fld Club Bulletin Vol. 2 1978, p.121-4, 121 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG1198.


<1> Headland Archaeology, 2012, Beatrice offshore Wind farm: Environmental Statement (Text/Report/Environmental Statement). SHG26489.

Sources/Archives (3)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred ND 2115 3536 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet ND23NW
Civil Parish LATHERON
Geographical Area CAITHNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (3)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.