MHG24402 - Enclosure - Allt Ceann Loch Luichairt
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH36SW 2 3340 6389
An unroofed building and an enclosure lying approximately 70m to the SSW are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire and Cromartyshire 1881, sheet lxxiv). The enclosure is shown with an internal division on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1971).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 28 February 1996
A sub-rectangular enclosure is most clearly visible on aerial photography taken in 2009. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <2>
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3339 6389 (34m by 35m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/103145 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.