MHG24476 - Fort Augustus Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (20th Century - 1903 AD to 1933 AD (between))
- None recorded
NH30NE 42 3793 0914
This station was the terminus of the short-lived Spean Bridge - Fort Augustus branch of the (former) North British Rly. It was opened by the Inverness and Fort Augustus Rly on 22 July 1903 and was finally closed to regular passenger traffic by the London and North-Eastern Rly on 1 December 1933.
R V J Butt 1995.
NH30NE Grid Ref: NH 3793 0948
Source: O/S 1:10,000 Map, 1966.
Station opened 27.7.1903; regular passenger service ended 1.12.1933.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3792 0914 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99510 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.