MHG24615 - Banavie Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NN17NW 20 1127 7678
See also NM88SE 1.
This intermediate station on the Fort William (Mallaig Junction) - Mallaig line (the 'West Highland extension') of the former North British Rly was opened on 1 April 1901. It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.
R V J Butt 1995.
Banavie Station opened 1.4.1901 (West Highland Railway Extension).
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 147.
- --- SHG3490 Text/Publication/Leaflet: Longacres, Fort William. Longacres, Banavie, Fort William, Invernesshire: [sale particulars].
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1127 7675 (67m by 64m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/103544 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.