MHG24772 - Ledmore Wood

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NH68NE 81 6529 8919

A building was recorded during the course of a forestry survey by Headland Archaeology (NMRS MS 899/25, no.20). It measures 10m by 3m with low wall footings. There is a substantial collapsed stone gable at the up-slope end.
S Carter and J Wordsworth (Headland Archaeology) 5 February 1997; NMRS MS 899/25, no.20

NH 66 90 (centre) A short-notice forestry survey was undertaken by Headland Archaeology Ltd over roughly 7.5km2 of land to the W of Spinningdale on the northern shore of the Dornoch Firth. A total of 28 features or groups of features of archaeological interest were recorded, 19 of which had previously been noted. The majority are post-medieval settlement sites (buildings, farmsteads and settlement sites) recorded first by the OS in 1874.
NH 6529 8919 Building.
Sponsor: Historic Scotland
S Carter 1997

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6529 8919 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH68NE
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish CREICH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.