MHG24946 - Tulloch Castle
Davidson Family cemetery.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
This is the burial ground in which the exhumed Davidson family remains were re-interred on the 6th September 1999.
Small burial ground in the woods behind Dingwall with only four headstones. There is no church in use or redundant church within this site. The ground is uneven and it slopes to the south on a natural hill. The ground is strewn with vegetation roots. The flat granite slab is a memorial to Duncan Davidson, d.1881, and family whose remains were re-interred to this burial ground in 1999 from the Davidson Family Mausoleum at St James’s Episcopal Church in Dingwall. The mausoleum was taken down to form a car park. <1><2>
<1> Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A, 03/2010, Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty (Collection/Project Archive). SHG25133.
<2> Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust, 2009, Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG25134.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5430 5997 (28m by 15m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.