MHG25522 - Stromeferry, Former Free Church Mission Hall

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (2)

  • MISSION HALL (Built, 19th Century - 1891 AD to 1891 AD)
  • CHURCH (19th Century to 20th Century - 1891 AD? to 2000 AD?)

Protected Status

Full Description

This mission hall by Ross & Macbeth was built in 1891. It is similar in style to Ross's Episcopal church of 1880 in Glencoe village. NB the grid reference given by the NMRS is incorrect. <1>

Martin Briscoe has submitted photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <2>


<1> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.


<2> Briscoe, J M, 2008-11, Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe, via Flickr (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23810.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NG 8623 3469 (17m by 13m)
Map sheet NG83SE
Geographical Area SKYE AND LOCHALSH
Civil Parish LOCHALSH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (5)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.