MHG25522 - Stromeferry, Former Free Church Mission Hall
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- MISSION HALL (Built, 19th Century - 1891 AD to 1891 AD)
- CHURCH (19th Century to 20th Century - 1891 AD? to 2000 AD?)
This mission hall by Ross & Macbeth was built in 1891. It is similar in style to Ross's Episcopal church of 1880 in Glencoe village. NB the grid reference given by the NMRS is incorrect. <1>
Martin Briscoe has submitted photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <2>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8623 3469 (17m by 13m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (4)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB48207 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG25522 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/228927 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99582 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.