MHG25818 - Faillie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH73NW 28 centred on 7092 3816
A township comprising one partially roofed long building, six unroofed buildings, three enclosures, a field wall and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xx). Five unroofed buildings, two enclosures and some field walls are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1982).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 21 June 1996
During a walkover survey in June 2009, two apparent structures were identified sitting on a platform. These appeared to be irregularly shaped and measured 15m by 9-11m with a possible channel between them. A serpentine rough stone wall and 3 buildings with associated enclosures were also identified. The height of the remains varies from one course of stonework to 1.5 -2m. It is recommended that these features be marked out in advance of the works, recorded and preserved in situ. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7092 3816 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/114307 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.