MHG25986 - Earlish

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • CROFTING TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

NG36SE 16.02 centred on 389 612

A crofting township comprising seventy-four roofed, one partially roofed and seventeen unroofed buildings and their associated enclosures and field walls is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire, Island of Skye 1880, sheet x). The township is defined to the N and E by a head-dyke which separates it from South Cuil to the N. The boundary to the S is defined by Allt Yelkie.
Fifty-eight roofed, two partially roofed and twenty unroofed buildings, their associated enclosures and field walls and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 8 October 1996

Sources/Archives (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NG 3889 6120 (140m by 140m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NG36SE
Geographical Area SKYE AND LOCHALSH
Civil Parish SNIZORT

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.