MHG26143 - Inver township, Berriedale, Langwell Water
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
ND12SW 62 ND 117 224
ND 118 224, Inver. A settlement of four buildings.
Roy's Map 37/1, 1747.
ND 1170 2244. Structures, Berriedale, no dimensions available. Located by OS as possibly four buildings, no trace in 1982. LAT 297.
C E Batey, Caithness Coastal Survey, 1982
No evidence of any structures or archaeological features could be located in an area of dense woodland during the course of a pre-afforestation survey by Headland Archaeology (NMRS MS 899/93, no.1).
C Moloney and L Baker (Headland Archaeology) 13 July 1998; NMRS MS 899/93, no.1
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Batey, C E. 1984. Caithness Coastal Survey 1980-82: Dunnet Head to Ousdale. University of Durham, Department of Archaeology. 30/01/1984. Digital (scanned as PDF). 99, No. 315.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Roy, W. 1747-55. Military Survey of Scotland. 1747, Sheet No. 33/3.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1169 2240 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/115405 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.