MHG2621 - Fasnakyle Power Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- POWER STATION (Built, 20th Century - 1950 AD to 1950 AD)
Power station by James Shearer (architect to the North of Scotland Hydro Electric Board architectural panel), 1950; with sculptural panels by Hew Lorimer. Later additional single storey bay forming separate turbine hall to left (E) circa 2003. Full details are available in the listed building description (see link), which was updated in February 2011 as part of the Hydroelectric Power Thematic Survey. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Close-Brooks, J. 1986. Exploring Scotland's Heritage: The Highlands. 40-1, No. 9.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. 2013. Fasnakyle Power Station - HET visit. Highland Council Planning & Development Service.
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3186 2959 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7118 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12237 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.