MHG26309 - Township - Milton of Dunmaglass, Daviot and Dunlichity
A township comprising of 12 possible buildings at Milton of Dunmaglass, Daviot and Dunlichity.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH62SW 3 centred on 603 248
A township comprising five roofed, seven unroofed buildings and two enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xlii). One unroofed building within an enclosure is shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 25 June 1996
The remains of four structures, believed to be part of this township, were identified during a walkover survey in June 2009. <1>
A topographic survey of the township was carried out by members of the North of Scotland Archaeology Society in June and August 2011. Twelve buildings were recorded over both parts of the township including a water mill and lade, a corn drying kiln, a large pit and three enclosures. <2>
- <1> SHG24534 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: McCullagh, C. 08/2009. Daviot to Whitebridge: Overhead Line Refurbishment - Desk Based Assessment and Walk-over Survey. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital. F58-61, Photos 3390, 3392-96.
- <2> SHG26174 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: North of Scotland Archaeological Society. 2011. Milton of Dunmaglass township. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6025 2483 (227m by 192m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/115844 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.