MHG26315 - Lagg township
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH62SW 9 centred on 604 237
A township comprising one unroofed, five roofed buildings and two enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xlii). Two unroofed buildings and an enclosure are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 25 June 1996
A survey was undertaken of the townships of Lagg and Drumnacloich in 2011. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2018 aerial photographs. <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Marshall M. 2011. Plan of Townships of Lagg, Drumnacloich and Balnagaig, Dunmaglass. North of Scotland Archaeology Society (NOSAS). Digital. XY
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2015. Getmapping aerial photography 2015.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6043 2366 (299m by 318m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/115850 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.