MHG26441 - Easter Aviemore
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Fri 10 Mar 2000
NH81SE 14 centred on 896 141
A township comprising five unroofed, twenty-one roofed buildings and six enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet lviii). Fourteen roofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1986).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 5 July 1996
The site was visited by A Wakeling and members of NOSAS during a walkover survey in 2011 as part of Scotland's Rural Past. Several features were found, including rig and furrow and a corn kiln. For individual descriptions, please see the report. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8960 1410 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/116020 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.