MHG2658 - Polished Stone Axehead, Broallan
Findspot of polished stone axe.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A polished stone axe, measuring 10.5 cm in length, 7cm width at the blade, and 4cm width at the butt end, and at most 3cm thick, was found whilst ploughing. It has been donated to Inverness Museum. INVMG 981.323.
G Harden 1985.
The axehead is listed in the Inverness Museum catalogue under Acc. No. 1981.323. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Ross, A. 1985. 'Broallan (Kilmorack p), polished stone axe', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1985, p.25. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 25. 25.
- <1> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 1981.323.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4929 4499 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12369 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.