MHG26626 - Tomich
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- MILITARY INSTALLATION (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Single white building with steel fence round it. The pipe line can be followed from Invergordon upto the underground tanks at Inchindown. Photo in J A Guy, 20th Century Defences, (report nos. 1, 8 & 11)
A M Fox, Highland Council, 10.10.01.
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Fri 10 Mar 2000
NH67SE 53 6997 7093
A large harled concrete and steel building on the N side of the A9 at the junction with a minor road to Rhicullen. The interior is now empty, but several engine mounting beds and inspection pits survive. This was once the pumping station for an oil pipeline from underground oil tanks to the N to Invergordon Naval Base.
Visited by RCAHMS (DE) January 1997
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe via the Highland HER Flickr group.<1>
Martin Briscoe has submitted photographs of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. <2>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6996 7093 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG26626 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/116454 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.