MHG268 - Township, Sornagan
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Centred on 583 578
See Report 27 - An Archaeological Survey of The Loch na Droma Buidhe Area, Drimnin Estate, Morvern, Argyll.
For Scottish Woodlands. By Jennifer G. Robertson, Dec. 1997.
J Aitken: 16/09/04
Sornagan. Remains of 4 houses (3 buildings in 1832) occupied by 1801, abandoned by 1851.
P Gaskell 1968
A township comprising five unroofed buildings, one enclosure of two compartments and another incomplete enclosure is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxxix). Five unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 18 May 1998
|Grid reference||Centred NM 5829 5780 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/22313 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.