MHG2680 - Cup marked stone, Culnakirk
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A stone bearing two cup-marks lies on the west bank of the Gartalie Burn, near the farm of the same name. It lies half way up the bank which is 18' high at thatpoint.
The stone is of gneiss,3 1/2' x 3' , smooth and rounded and in its vincinity are several similar boulders.
W Jolly 1882
No trace of this stone could be found.
Visited by OS (R D) 4 December 1964
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4899 3100 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12341 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.