MHG270 - Township, Auliston

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

Scheduled 3/2003 see Associated Documents for details - HAW 4/2003

NM55NW 1 centred on 549 571

(NM 549 571) Auliston. The remains of this settlement comprise 31 houses, (?) grain-kiln, enclosures, etc. About 25 buildings shown on an estate plan of 1836. Occupied by 1755, cleared 1855.
P Gaskell 1968

Not visited
Visited by OS (R L) 10 June 1970

Twenty-eight unroofed buildings, three enclosures, a head-dyke, part of which is shared to the NE with another township (NM 55NE 2), and a field-system (NM 552 567) are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxxix). Twenty-two unroofed buildings, two enclosures, a head-dyke and a field-system are shown the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 18 May 1998

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 5494 5709 (350m by 376m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NM55NW
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (2)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.