MHG27038 - Cultivation rigs, Rhumach, Rhu
Cultivation rigs at Rhumach, Rhu
Type and Period (1)
- RIG AND FURROW (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The following new site was recorded in a desk-based survey and field inspection in four areas proposed for natural woodland regeneration.
NM638851 Cultivation rigs covering area 500m E-W by 400m N-S.
A report is lodged with the NMRS.
Sponsor: Scottish Woodlands Ltd.
D Alexander 1995. <1>
A walkover survey was undertaken in 2014 by Rough Bounds Archaeology et al, covering the land north and east of Rhumach Hill and south and east of Rhumach Field.
Site 18. Huge area of old cultivation running north to large dyke. <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Alexander, D. 1995. 'Arisaig (Arisaig & Moidart parish), desk-based survey and field inspection', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1995, p.40. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 40. 40.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Alexander, D.. 1994. Arisaig, Lochaber District, Highland Region: Archaeological Survey. Centre for Field Archaeology, University of Edinburgh. 30/01/1994. Paper and Digital.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Rough Bounds Archaeology. 2016. Walkover Survey - Rhu Peninsula. Rough Bounds Archaeology. Digital. p.88 Site 18.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6380 8510 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/132607 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.