MHG274 - Township, Auliston Point
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Centred on 546 577
(NM 546 577) Remains of 10 houses. Dates of early occupation unknown, not marked on plans of 1770 or 1836.
P Gaskell 1968
A township comprising one partially roofed L-shaped buiding, six unroofed buildings, one of which is a long building of three compartments, and what may be a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxxix). Seven unroofed buildings, one enclosure, and a head-dyke are shown the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 18 May 1998
|Grid reference||Centred NM 5475 5764 (165m by 232m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/22325 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.