MHG27567 - Logan: Lochaline Pier, Sound of Mull
The wreck of the Puffer "Logan", lost on 15 December 1961 en route from Troon to Skye.
Type and Period (1)
- WRECK (Date of sinking, 20th Century - 1961 AD to 1961 AD)
- None recorded
NM64SE 8006 6741 4416
N56 31.9 W5 46.9
Formerly NM64SE 9060
LOGAN, sank 100 yards off Lochaline Pier.
Source; Baird 1995 <1>
This wreck was recorded during remote sensing surveys in 2003 and has been verified by divers as the "Logan". From the multibeam sonar images the wreck mound has a maximum width of 8.6m and a maximum length of 19.19m. <2><3>
Further information is available in the RCAHMS's Canmore database. <4>
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Baird, B. 1995. Shipwrecks of the West of Scotland. 261.
- <2> Text/Publication/Monograph: Robertson, P (ed). 2007. The Sound of Mull Archaeological Project (SOMAP) 1994-2005, BAR British Series 453. Nautical Archaeology Society. Paper (Original). p 25.
- <3> Interactive Resource: Robertson, P. 2007. The Sound of Mull Archaeological Project (SOMAP) 1994-2005, BAR British Series 453. Nautical Archaeology Society. CD.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6722 4406 (46m by 31m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/119296/details/logan+lochaline+pier+sound+of+mull/ (View further information about this site on RCAHMS Canmore website)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.