MHG27725 - Maligan, Achachork
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
NG44NE 18 centred on 482 458
A township comprising fifteen unroofed buildings, five enclosures, a sheepfold, two fields and part of a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire, Isle of Skye 1881, sheet xxiii). A crofting township now occcupies this site as shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 17 October 1996
During a walkover survey in December 2008 the remains of the head dyke were noted comprising a substantial turf and stone bank, up to 1.3m high and 2m wide at its base, in moderately good condition. The township comprises modern houses along a single track main road. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4819 4580 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/119561 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.