MHG27975 - Strontian Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Fri 10 Mar 2000
NM66NE 3 8156 6240
For Strontian manse (NM 8198 6319), see NM86SW 5.
Strontian Parish Church, situated on the W bank of the Strontian River, was built in 1827. Following a design by Telford, it is T-shaped in plan with a porch on the S side. It is surrounded by numerous 19th and 20th century graves.
Field Verification Project (West Lochaber) - J Robertson, 03/2004
A Telford parliamentary kirk, erected 1827.
G Hay 1957.
S Hackett and N Livingston 1984.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 8155 6240 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/120651 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.