MHG27976 - North Ballachulish Church
A Thomas Telford church, built in 1829.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Built, 19th Century - 1829 AD to 1829 AD)
- None recorded
For North Ballachulish manse (NM 0316 6142), see NN06SW 10.
Telford church. <1>
The BSAHI List notes the church as destroyed, but the OS map still indicates a graveyard to the E of Onich village.
(Undated) information from RCAHMS.
A copy of an old photograph of this church, taken around the turn of the century, was submitted by a visitor to the HER website in August 2008. <2>
The Quod Sacra Parish (QSP) of 'Ballachulish & Corran of Ardgour' was erected out of the Parish of Kilmallie in 1845 with a manse at Onich. The old Telford church at Creag Mhor became unsafe for public worship and, in 1911, the current building, at Onich, was erected. <3>
- <1> SHG3169 Text/Publication/Article: Hackett and Livingston, S and N. 1984. Scottish Parliamentary churches and their manses. SHG23465. 302-36. 334.
- <2> SHG23820 Image/Photograph(s): Horn, L. Photographs of various sites submitted by Les Horn, Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. Mixed. Yes. Digital.
- <3> SHG23822 Interactive Resource/Webpage: Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. Lochaber & North Argyll Family History Group. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0458 6109 (29m by 32m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.lochaberandnorthargyllfamilyhistorygroup.org.uk/ (Lochaber and North Argyll Family History Group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/120656 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.