MHG27980 - Isleornsay Harbour
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PIER (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Renumbered from NG71SW8536
Only the dovecot, pier and well are Listed
See also: NG71SW0004 Crane
NG71SW 3.00 7031 1251
NG71SW 3.01 7031 1251 crane
OS 1:10,560 map, 1968.
(Location cited as NG 703 125). 19th century. A well-built drystone rubble pier, with a cast-iron wood-jib post crane at the end. At the landward end is a small 1-storey and attic rubble store.
J R Hume 1977.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 310; pl. 117.
- --- Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Broadford. Yes. Digital. Site 102.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7030 1251 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB19489 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/120961 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.