MHG28000 - Stromeferry Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NG83SE 16 8651 3464
Strome Ferry Station is just a platform now. There was a building which was demolished in the 1980's and other associated buildings.
Information supplied by Colin Parsons, Fernaig Trust, 31/01/03
(Location cited as NG 866 347). Stromeferry Station, opened 1870 by the Dingwall and Skye Rly.
J R Hume 1977.
Strome Ferry Station. Opened by the Dingwall and Skye Rly on 19 August 1870. It remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
NG83SE 16 Grid Ref.: NG 8654 3470
Source: O/S 1:10,000 Map, 1966.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 137.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 310; pl. 117.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8651 3464 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/99587 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.