MHG2813 - Enclosure, Balblair
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
Enclosure (Site), Balblair: The SW side and parts of the NW and SE sides of a rectilinear enclosure are revealed as crop-marks 120m E of Balblair farmhouse.
RCAHMS 1979; Visible on RCAHMS air photographs IN 2692-3, flown 1976. <1>
A proposal has been received to revise the scheduled area of this monument. <2>
<1> RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region, 21, No. 146 (Text/Report). SHG2673.
<2> Historic Scotland, 06/2009, Balblair, enclosure 120m E of (Text/Correspondence). SHG24291.
- <1> Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 21, No. 146.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Historic Scotland. 06/2009. Balblair, enclosure 120m E of. Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8039 5140 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:5164 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5164 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15210 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.