MHG28251 - Group of four hut circles, Little Rogart
Four possible hut circles scattered among the core of Little Rogart township.
Type and Period (2)
- HUT CIRCLE (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD (at some time))
- HUT CIRCLE SETTLEMENT? (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
There are what may be four hut-circles scattered amongst the core of Little Rogart township (NC70SW 106.04); two of them are partly destroyed by this later activity (ROG95 876, 878, NC 7329 0349 and NC 7321 0342) and survive as incomplete arcs of stone. The hut-circles range from 5.6m to 8.3m in diameter within stone-faced banks 1.3m to 1.8m in thickness. Two of the huts are levelled into the slope (ROG95 874, 876), and two display what are likely to be entrances on the SE (ROG95 854, 874, NC 7317 0334 and NC 7336 and NC 7336 0343).
(ROG95 854, 874, 876, 878)
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 6 July 1995 <1>
This record has been retained for concordance purposes. See the individual "child" records for further details. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7326 0341 (215m by 169m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Parent of: Hut circle, Little Rogart (1 of 4) (Monument) (MHG55349)
- Parent of: Hut circle, Little Rogart (2 of 4) (Monument) (MHG55350)
- Parent of: Hut circle, Little Rogart (3 of 4) (Monument) (MHG55351)
- Parent of: Hut circle, Little Rogart (4 of 4) (Monument) (MHG55352)
- Part of: Archaeological landscape, Little Rogart (Landscape) (MHG28247)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/124412 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.