MHG2832 - Possible Pit Circle, Brackley
Site of a possible pit circle visible as cropmarks.
Type and Period (1)
- PIT CIRCLE (Undated)
On the SE side of A 96 are at least seven circular crop marks, some with concentric rings of post holes.
G D B Jones and I Keillar 1985; I Keillar 1986.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Jones and Keillar, G D B and I. 1985. 'Ardersier (Petty p) hut circles', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1985, p.26. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 26. 26.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: Harding and Lee, A F and G E. 1987. Henge monuments and related sites of Great Britain: air photographic evidence and catalogue. Brit Ser. 175. 367, No. 267.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Keillar, I. 1986. ''In fines Borestorum': to the land of the Boresti', Popular Archaeol Vol. 7 April 1986, p.2-9. Popular Archaeol. 2-9. 2-9.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8056 5223 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM11834 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15221 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.