MHG2837 - Lochside
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- CREMATION (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Urn containing Ashes found here AD. 1844. (NAT)
OS 6" map, Inverness-shire, 2nd ed., (1906)
"A clay urn, protected in a frame of square stones, was discovered, in clearing the foundation for a house, near the Loch" (Flemington).
NSA 1845; Name Book 1870.
No further information concerning the circumstances of this find could be obtained.
Visited by OS (R D) 13 August 1964.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 14, Inverness, 392.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 14, No. 72.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 55, 23.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8113 5236 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
- VESSEL (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15232 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.