MHG28381 - Allt a' Choire Odhair-Bhig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NN25NW 8 2131 5818 (MR 8)
There are fragmentary remains of a subrectangular building of drystone masonry, measuring 6.1m by 2.7m within walls 0.9m in thickness immediately to the W of the road on the S bank of the Allt a'Choire ODhair-bhig.
A single unroofed building is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxxii), and on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1992).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 23 September 1998.
RCAHMS, 1911, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Third report and inventory of monuments and constructions in the county of Caithness, 18, No. 46 (Text/Report). SHG2664.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 2131 5818 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||LISMORE AND APPIN|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/125764 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.