MHG28417 - Duirinish Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NG73SE 15.00 7784 3151
NG73SE 15.01 7779 3146 Railway Cottages
NG73SE 15.02 7715 3122 Explosives Store
NG73SE 15.03 7832 3184 Explosives Store
NG73SE 15.04 7876 3195 Explosives Store
(Location cited as NG 778 314). Duirinish Station, opened 1897 by the Highland Rly.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Dingwall - Kyle of Lochalsh line of the (former) Highland Rly was opened on 2 November 1897 and remains in regular passenger use.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 137.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 310; pl. 117.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7784 3151 (125m by 69m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/128077 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.