MHG29 - Farmstead, Druimbuidhe

Summary

Mid C18 farmstead

Type and Period (1)

  • FARMSTEAD (OCCUPIED 1560; ABANDONED POST MEDIEVAL; , Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A farmstead comprising three unroofed, three roofed buildings, one of which has two wings, and two enclosures, and a head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxxix). One roofed building, one enclosure, a sheep wash and a short length of head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 18 May 1998

Outlines of 2 houses each at NW 600 580 and NM 602 582. 7 buildings in 1836, 5 houses in 1851. Occupied by 1801 till the mid-1950s. Remains of 1 house at NM 593 578.
P Gaskell 1968

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 59 58 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NM55NE
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.